How to set up an Interwrite Board in your classroom
Brian T. Borst
posted this on March 16, 2012 08:19 AM
1. Install the Interwrite Workspace Software CD or run the installation file obtained from our support website.
2. Connect Your Interwrite Board to your Mac or PC with any of the following supported connection types: USB or Serial cable, Radio Frequency (RF) receiver, or Bluetooth receiver.
Your Interwrite Board must be able to communicate with the Interwrite Workspace software on your computer. This communication link is established either by means of a physical cable (USB or serial) connection, or wirelessly between two Bluetooth communication modules—one connected to the Interwrite Board and one connected to the computer. The computer will automatically find an Interwrite Board that is connected to it by a cable, but the wireless Bluetooth Modules must be “connected” by the Interwrite Device Manager, one of the Interwrite Workspace software applications.
3. Connect the Video Projector to your Mac or PC computer with the provided cables.
In order to run Interwrite Workspace in Interactive Mode, a video projector must be connected to the computer.
4. Prepare the Electronic Interwrite Pens and install the Pen Charging Station
The Interwrite Marker Pen must be assembled and a battery installed before use. A battery is installed in the Interactive Pen. The optional Pen Charging Station is installed on the Interwrite Board and the rechargeable Interactive Pens must be charged before they can be used. Detailed instructions can be found in the Getting Started Guide for the Interwrite Board. (http://www.interwritelearning.com/support/doc.php)
5. Calibrate Your Interwrite Board
Your Interwrite Board needs to be calibrated to ensure that the tip of the electronic Interwrite Pen is aligned with the cursor on the projected image. Any time the Interwrite Board or video projector is moved, the Interwrite Board must be re-calibrated.
Aim the projector at the Interwrite Board’s writing area, and size the projected desktop image to fit within the writing area. Make sure the image is properly projected on the Interwrite Board before continuing.
Using your electronic Interwrite Pen, click on the Calibrate icon located on either of the Interwrite Board Menus. When calibration is complete, you are ready to begin using Interwrite