Brian T. Borst
posted this on April 18, 2012 07:32 AM
ExamView does not yet offer a Desire2Learn-native export format. However, test and question bank questions can be uploaded to a Desire2Learn (v 8.0 - 8.2) LMS using another format already available. Because D2L is an open source software package, it is continuously evolving through its active community of contributing developers. It is recommended that your D2L installation is updated to the most recent stable version of the software. For the latest information regarding known issues, recommended workarounds, and code fixes, check the Using D2L forums at desire2learn.com
How to export an ExamView lesson and open the file in Desire2Learn:
1. Build or open a test or question bank in ExamView.
2. From the File menu, choose Export, then choose Blackboard 6.0-7.0. A save dialog will open.
3. Set the location where you want to save the exported file. Enter a filename, and click the Save button. The question content will be saved as a ".zip" file.
Take note of where the file is being saved as you will need to locate it later extract the question information.
Although a filename was entered, no file will actually be saved until the Export to Blackboard dialog is completed.
4. Complete the dialog options with any entry. These dialog options are not used by Desire2Learn but are required to complete the export process for Blackboard.
5. Click OK to complete the export. The questions and any images (including equations, which are converted to images) are compressed into a zip file.
6. From within your Desire2Learn (v.8.0-8.1) course, navigate to the Content page.
7. From the list of Administration options in the right-hand area, click the Import Course link.
8. Be sure that the from a File radio button is selected then click the Browse button and locate the ExamView-generated zip file.
9. Click the Next button to initiate the import process.
10. Select the Question Library and/or Quiz components to be imported then click the Next button to continue the import process until completed.